Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cleaning dehydrating trays

A friend told me to clean my trays in a tub of hot water with borax added to it.  I decided to try my home made dish soap instead and it worked great! 

MYO dishsoap
  • 2 bars of shredded octagon soap
  • 1 cup baking soda
  • 1/4 cup washing soda
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
Put shredded soap in 4 1/2 - 5 quarts of water and stir and melt. After melted turn stove off and add the other ingredients. Stir and wait till it cools before pouring into containers with lids.
Use as you would use other dish detergents. This doesn't suds very well but, it sure does clean. I got 5 quarts out of this.  You can try other bar soap with this but I sure do love this Colgate Octagon Soap!  

Anyway, don't fret over those nasty sticky dehydrator trays!  Soak them in hot soapy water or borax water and then just rinse and dry.  I just did bananas and they sure were a nasty mess!  Worked like a charm and no more worries over if I really want to dry something or not because of the mess it makes!

Cherlynn
brchbell@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment