Friday, October 28, 2011

Just found a great site!

Planning out your food storage can seem kind of hard at times.   Each family is so very different and trying to figure it all out can seem almost impossible.  I found this site today and while they had things I don't store they also are lacking things I do store.  Their free food calculator can help you plan and see where you are at. 

Now I don't store things like Mayonnaise and jello.  But I do store things like Nuts and coconut oil.  I just decide how much I want stored for nuts and that is heavy in oils so I replace the mayo with it.  I am still trying to figure out how many quarts of nuts I need and then I will be able to plan that.  I do vacuum seal my nuts into quart jars so this category works well for nuts. 

Anyway I am passing this site along so you can play with it and see where you are in your storage and where you need to fill in the gaps. 

https://www.stockupfood.com

Have a great day!
Cherlynn
brchbell@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment