Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Easter

http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=440

We are well into April and I haven't posted yet this month.  It's been totally crazy here and as the growing season comes into play I'll probably be posting less due to the increased work load.

This is the start of the Easter weekend.  I hope you will take some time to think about our Savior in the Garden of Gethsemane.  As He faced this time so very alone.  To go through so many trials to become our Savior.  Think of Him being scourged then being marched off to Golgotha.  Being nailed to the cross.  They didn't have metal nails back then, they used Wooden pegs that had to be hand carved.  Can you feel them being pounded into His hand?  Then the cross being dropped into the hole and His flesh tearing as it hit the bottom of the hole.  Hanging there for hours in the hot sun.

All of this for us.  He had to endure so much to pay for our sins.  Something to think about while you eat your Easter dinner or watch the kids looking for their eggs.  This weekend isn't about the Easter Bunny.  It' about my sinning and needing someone to act on my behalf so that one day I can go home.  I am so very grateful to Jesus Christ for His sacrifice so that I can return home to my Father in Heaven some day.

Easter is a time to celebrate our Savior dying for us and then rising again from the dead, showing us that one day we will live again.

Have a lovely Easter weekend with those you love.

Cherlynn
brchbell@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment