Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Happy Easter

Aren't these little guys adorable?   Now if I can just remember to cut those hard boiled eggs the right way!   How are your Eater plans coming?

The way I clean now I don't bother Spring cleaning but with all the company I have coming in for this weekend I am going room to room this week and deep cleaning and making sure I get the ceiling creepy's cleaned off too.  I am spraying as this is the time of the year all the creep crawlers come out ready for Spring.   So far I have about half the house done.  Today I've done the utility room and will do most of the basement and the home theater.  Tomorrow I'll do the kitchen and dining room and Friday I finish up with the bathrooms and the King and Queen bedrooms.  I've been doing food prep as I've been able.  Bread was made and frozen and egg noodles made and dried and packed away.  Now I can get other things made up and set aside and by Easter it will be easy to finish up.

Here is our Easter 2016 menu:
Easter Dinner Menu

Ham
Beefy Noodles
Assorted Rolls
Asparagus Cashew Rice Pilaf
Creamy Brussels Sprouts
Twice Baked Potatoes
Easter Peeps
Orange Jello Salad
Ambrosia
Classic Waldorf Salad
Key Lime Pie
Chocolate Cheesecake
Punch

Ice water

I always do two meat dishes so everyone is happy.  I made the twice baked potatoes up a few weeks ago with cream cheese added to them.  Any time you want to freeze potatoes you must add cream cheese to them or you end up with a soggy mess when they are reheated.  I made them the way I normally do but added in a block of cream cheese too.  Who doesn't love cream cheese!  I froze them over night and then bagged them into freezer bags.  All ready for Easter.  Friday I will make the jello salad and Ambrosia.  Saturday I will make the desserts and Then on Easter I just need to toss the beef cubes into the crock pot and the ham into the roaster and make up the veggies the hour before.   I have lots of help so not worried about anything.  

I totally forgot about those Easter peeps!  If you have farm fresh eggs making Deviled eggs is like Mission Impossible!  If you steam your eggs for 22 minutes and then put them into ice water you can peel them.  I took a safe course by buying a dozen store bought eggs last week but tried this today and it really worked!  So if you have your own fresh eggs fear not but you really need to steam them in a pan with a tight fitting lid.  A colander raised up with water under it works very well.  Just make sure you have enough water so it doesn't boil dry but doesn't soak the eggs.  

Here is a video link to help make your Easter special: Hallelujah



Have a blessed holiday with your family!
Cherlynn

No comments:

Post a Comment