Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Spring is here!

Oh my, have you started your gardens yet?  Are you finding mushrooms?  Is your asparagus coming up yet?  Well I have started my garden.  Last falls garlic is coming up great and the onion sets look great.  My asparagus in my raised beds has been sprouting up for over 3 weeks now giving us plenty of fresh asparagus several times a week.  My peas on the other hand doesn't seem to be doing well at all.  The little bit that has sprouted is dead the next day.  Maybe it will decide to actually be Spring now and the peas will really start to grow.  The lettuces I interplanted in the beds is coming up nicely and in a couple of weeks we might be eating salads again.

I got a flat of broccoli to set out and thinking I might as well do so today.  I've been setting them out on the back deck for a couple of weeks during the day so they should be ok.  I've transplanted  my tomato plants into larger containers and they are grower bigger every day.  I am looking forward to the ground getting warm enough that I can start setting out tomatoes and peppers again.

I'm grateful for the moisture we've recieved  even if some it was snow.  I pray that the moisture will continue so we don't face drought conditions again like last year.

Make sure you are getting extra food put away so you don't face a crisis if everything crashes around us.   So many claim we'll have an economic collapse but I truly don't believe that will happen.  But you never know what will happen in the future so it's better to be prepared for whatever comes your way.

If you don't want to garden you can watch for deals that you can store away.  Sam's Club now covers Augason Farms emergency food storage pails.  You can find deals all over if you just start watching and build your storage up.  Don't forget about storing up the nonfood items you use all the time too!  Make a list of everything you and your family uses that is nonperishable.  You will find out what you really need and be able to have those items on hand in case of crisis.

Have a blessed day and enjoy the world around you and your family.

Cherlynn
brchbell@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment