Thursday, November 30, 2017

Losing weight is still possible!

A few months ago my son lost his job and so they moved in with us.  Currently He is teaching in our local school and part of his daily habit was to lose 50 pounds which he did do and the weight has stayed off. 

This last week we sat down together so he could explain how he did this.  It's a Paleo plan.  Where you fast for 3 weeks.  You can have coffee, tea and water as long as it has no calories.  And if you need it you can have 1 cup of bone broth each day.  After 3 days you will no longer be hungry and you have a lot more energy.  You must do at least 30 minutes of some form of aerobic exercise each day also. 

My husband and I have started this and he is losing weight each day but over a 3 day period I have only lost 1 pound and my body started shutting down.  I have low blood pressure and the fasting caused my blood pressure to start falling to dangerous places.  I had to stop my fast and get enough electrolytes into my system and enough food with lots of salt to raise my blood pressure back up. 

I am disappointed and will try to figure out how I can do this without threatening my life trying to lose 20 pounds.  But it has worked for my son and his dear wife.  They have lost lots of weight and they both feel much better now.    My husband has lost 6 pounds so far.   I think he has decided to wait until after the first of the year to try this again.

I know there are lots of folks out there that would love to lose some weight so thought I should share this with you all.  My son said after your 3 week fast you will find certain foods that make you gain weight.  For him it was dairy.  You can continue fasting for 2 or 3 days at a time and then eat for a day or two until you have lost the weight you had planned on losing. 

Blessings.
Cherlynn

No comments:

Post a Comment