Thursday, February 23, 2012

A home made solar cooker that really works!

I found a site today that has an incredible solar cooker that really works!  I love my Global Sun Oven but it costs a lot and if you are trying to get what you need for emergency supplies you have to think about those items that cost you hundreds of dollars! 



http://rimstar.org/renewnrg/modified_cookit_solar_cooker.htm

You can watch him use it and show you how to make it in his You tube video also!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4ymSGH0-Jo&feature=youtu.be

I loved his tip on using the glass Pyrex with a bead of hot glue put down on one side to seal them together with the pot and thermometer inside of the Pyrex system!

I have the info from his page in a 4 page Open Office file and a 7 page PDF file with the template info.  If you would like those I can e-mail them to you if you let me know you need them!

You can make a lot of those emergency supply items but make sure you make them and try them out so you work out the bugs before the emergency!

Cherlynn
brchbell@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment