Friday, March 28, 2014

Doesn't this look yummy?

One of my online friends just shared this recipe from Skinnyms.com and I just can't wait to get my garden growing so I can make it too!






Classic Cucumber & Tomato Salad
Ingredients
  • 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, slice in half lengthwise
  • 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • Kosher or sea salt to taste
  • 2 tablespoons fresh Dill
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard (I used Grey Poupon Country Dijon)
  • 1 teaspoon honey or pure maple syrup, optional
Directions
In a large salad bowl combine cucumbers, tomatoes and onion. Whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over cucumber mix, toss to coat. Serve immediately.

Yum!
Cherlynn





No comments:

Post a Comment